Healthy Dinner Recipe and Weight Loss Food: Clean Eating Baked Cod
After reading an article about the vast nutritional value in cod, I excitedly bought a few ounces of the fish, even though I had no idea how to cook it.
All I knew was that cod is a weight loss food, has mild flavor, and makes an easy healthy dinner. Being so bland, my cod dinner might have needed the strong taste of herbs and pepper.
I chose thyme because a previous recipe for a similar fish used it and turned out well. Then, of course, adding red pepper flakes induced a kick in flavor.
I really liked this recipe because it was quick and easy, and full of protein.
Speaking of being protein-rich, cod is a fantastic weight loss food!
Containing over 40% of protein, this fish has such a low amount of calories (96 calories per 4-ounce piece.) It also has a lot of vitamins, iodine and omega-3, and is considered one of the best foods to consume for people who are developing lean mass.
I certainly hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I did. Please take a look.
Healthy Dinner Recipe and Weight Loss Food: Baked Cod (makes 2)
– 2 4-ounce cod fillets
– 2 table spoons of dry thyme
– 1 table spoon of red pepper flakes
– 1 pinch of sea salt
– 1 tea spoon of ground ginger
– 2 table spoons of extra virgin olive oil
– olive oil cooking spray
– 1 table spoon of rice or cooking wine
1. Cut cod fillet into edible pieces.
2. In a mixing bowl, add cod, olive oil, ground ginger, sea salt and wine. Mix well.
3. Pre-heat oven at 350 F.
4. Code baking sheet with olive oil cooking spray.
5. Lay fish in baking sheet, and bake in oven for 15 minutes.
6. Turn each piece to the other side, and bake for another 10-15 minutes.
7. Transfer to a plate, and splash both sides with thyme and red pepper flakes.
Please use the recipe card below to save and print recipe.
Thanks again for visiting Clean Eating Recipes Blog!
See you next time.