Healthy Chicken Recipe: Avocado and Parm Over Chicken With Balsamic Tomatoes
Healthy Chicken Recipe for Clean Eating
Avocado Parm Over Chicken with Balsamic Tomatoes (Makes 2)
Ingredients (for Chicken):
– 2 4-ounce organic chicken breast
– 1 table spoon of white rice wine (try Eden Foods Mirin Rice Cooking Wine)
– extra virgin olive oil cooking spray
– 1 dash of garlic salt
– 1 dash of ground ginger powder
– 1 dash of white pepper powder or ground black pepper
– 1 tea spoon of corn starch
– 1 tea spoon of Tamari Organic Soy Sauce
– 1 ripe Haas avocado, peeled, de-cored and diced
– 2 table spoons of organic shredded Parmesan cheese
Ingredients (for Topping):
– 2 cups of grape tomatoes, halved
– 11/2 table spoons of organic extra virgin olive oil (try Kirkland Signature Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
– 2 table spoons of organic balsamic vinegar (we love Villa Manodori Organic Balsamic Vinegar)
– 1 dash of dry Italian Seasoning
– few pieces of fresh basil leaves
1. Cut chicken into thin pieces.
2. In a mixing bowl, add chicken, rice wine, ground ginger, soy sauce, garlic salt, white pepper powder and corn starch, and mix well.
3. Place chicken pieces on broiling rack, and broil on high for 4-5 minutes. Turn each piece over, and broil the other side for another 4-5 minutes.
4. While chicken’s broiling, add avocado into another mixing bowl, and mash. Then, add shredded Parmesan cheese and mix with a spoon. Set aside.
5. Heat a frying pan on high over stove top. Add olive oil and Italian seasoning, and heat oil for about 30 seconds.
6. Add tomato halves into frying pan, and cook for 10 – 20 seconds. Stir often.
7. Reduce heat to medium, and add balsamic vinegar. Continue to stir and cook tomatoes for another 2 minutes. Turn off heat. Transfer tomatoes to a bowl, and set aside.
8. By now chicken should be cooked on both sides. Remove from oven, and top each piece of chicken with a spoonful of avocado and Parmesan mix. Transfer each piece of chicken to a plate by laying them flat.
9. Top with cooked tomatoes. Break basil leaves and sprinkle on top.
Here’s a printable version of the recipe: