A Healthy Breakfast for Clean Eating: Egg and Avocado Wrap
What is a good healthy breakfast?
I may be wrong, but in my opinion, it needs to contain protein, complex carbs and heart-healthy fats. Also, it has to taste good, and is easy to make. No one has time in the mornings.
Oh, if I can request one more attribute for a good healthy breakfast, it should also be grab-and-go.
There are many healthy breakfast foods in clean eating.
Oatmeal, fruits, yogurt…choices are endless.
My favorites, though, are eggs and avocado. With 7 grams of high-quality protein, 1.6 grams of saturated fat and other healthy benefits in each egg (source: Good Eggs by WebMD), and with avocado’s dense nutrients including vitamins, minerals and omega-3, eggs and avocado make a healthy breakfast combo that’s rich in flavor and easy to make.
I chose a wrap for today’s breakfast, because wraps are easy to travel with and mess-free.
If you’ve no time to sit for breakfast–(I can relate!)–you can pack the wrap in tin foil, and eat it on the go.
Quick, simple and healthy–what clean eating recipes should be.
Thanks for reading! Please enjoy today’s clean and healthy breakfast recipe below.
A Healthy Breakfast for Clean Eating: Egg and Avocado Wrap (makes 2)
– 3 medium eggs
– 1 table spoon of organic shredded cheese (I recommend Horizon Organic Mexican Shredded Cheese)
– 1 whole wheat tortilla wrap (try Food for Life Organic Whole Grain Flourless Tortilla)
– Sea salt
– Ground black pepper
– 1 medium Haas avocado, peeled, de-cored and sliced
– 1/2 table spoon of organic butter (LOVE-LOVE-LOVE Organic Valley Butter!)
1. Pre-heat oven 350 F.
2. Lay tortilla wrap on baking sheet, and spread cheese all over wrap.
3. When oven is pre-heated, toast wrap for 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
4. Meanwhile, melt butter in pan over stove top. Scramble eggs, and add sea salt and black pepper for taste.
5. Take tortilla wrap out of the oven, and transfer it onto a plate.
6. Lay scrambled eggs over cheese-y wrap. Then lay avocado slices over eggs.
7. Wrap eggs and avocado tightly into a burrito.
To save and print recipe, use the recipe box below!
Below are the Clean Eating Ideas I recommend for today’s healthy breakfast recipe:
Ingredients: Organic Colby cheese (pasteurized cultured organic milk, salt, annatto, (vegetable color), microbial enzymes*), organic Monterey jack cheese (pasteurized cultured organic milk, salt, microbial enzymes*), organic cheddar cheese (pasteurized cultured organic milk, salt, microbial enzymes*), cellulose to prevent caking (not bleached with chlorine). *Microbial enzymes are non-animal, rennetless. Shelf Life: 120 days, 95 Percent Plus Organic
INGREDIENTS: Organic Sprouted Whole Wheat, Filtered Water, Organic Unhulled Sesame Seeds, Organic Sprouted Whole Soybeans, Organic Sprouted Whole Barley, Organic Sprouted Whole Millet, Organic Sprouted Whole Lentils, Organic Sprouted Whole Spelt, Sea Salt.
Ingredients: Pasteurized Organic Sweet Cream (Milk), Salt
Thank you so much for visiting today’s Clean Eating Recipe and healthy breakfast idea!
This was truly one of the easiest and best healthy breakfast foods I’ve had. I hope you like it too.
Have a wonderful day!