Creamy Tomato Sauce
I never knew that heavy cream is considered “clean eating” too. But containing mostly milk, and only 0.5% of mono and diglycerides and carrageenan, heavy cream is one of the cleanest diary products to use.
Today I will share my special Creamy Tomato Sauce. It was one of the creamiest and tastiest sauces I’ve ever created.
- 1 cup of diced tomatoes
- 1 clove of chopped garlic
- 1 tbl. spoon of butter
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Heat cooking pan on high.
- Melt butter in pan.
- Add garlic and tomatoes in butter, and let them cook.
- When tomatoes turn brown on the outside, turn heat to medium, and let everything simmer for about 2 – 3 minutes.
- Stir in heavy cream.
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Let everything simmer, and stir often.
- Serve sauce over pasta or cooked meat. (Today, I served the sauce with baked chicken breast.)
Thank you for reading!
For more clean eating recipes, check out The Best of Clean Eating: Over 200 Mouthwatering Recipes to Keep You Lean and Healthy by Editors of Clean Eating.