Clean Eating Recipe – Strawberry Goat Cheese Open Face Sandwich
Welcome back to Clean Eating Recipes Blog!
I’m on a goat cheese kick. No, actually, I’m addicted. And why not? Goat cheese is light, scrumptious and low in fat. It’s a healthier alternative to heavier cheeses like cream cheese. I use it in a lot of clean eating recipes, because it adds volume, but doesn’t take away taste.
Today’s clean eating recipe was created on a whim, but still turned out great.
I liked the fusion of sweet dates and creamy goat cheese. Add a few tangy strawberry slices, and this open face sandwich became a delicious breakfast.
I absolutely enjoyed it, and hope you give it a try.
To print recipe, scroll down to the recipe card below and hit “print.”
– 1/4 cup of fresh strawberries, sliced
– 1/2 table spoon of organic strawberry preserves
– 2 medjool dates, pitted and diced
– 1 table spoon of organic virgin coconut oil
– 2 table spoons of soft goat cheese
– 1 piece of whole wheat bread
1. Toast bread. Lay it on a plate.
2. Heat sauce pan on high, and add coconut oil. When oil melts, add strawberries, dates and preserves, and reduce heat to medium and cook contents for about 1 minute. Now set it aside.
3. In a separate bowl, combine cooked fruits with goat cheese. Mix well.
4. Spread mixture on top of bread.
Thanks for visiting!
Again, I hope you make today’s clean eating breakfast, because it was awesome. And I hope to see you back for another clean eating recipe.