Clean Eating Dinner Idea – Tomato, Egg and Shrimp Stir Fry
I’ve made a similar clean eating dinner before.
In clean eating recipes, I use a lot of eggs, vegetables and tomatoes. And being Chinese, I can’t stay away from stir fry.
However, tonight’s clean eating recipe is a bit different with added wholesomeness of chopped shrimp.
Love shrimp! They are supple, protein-rich and can absorb any flavor. I especially like adding tomato-tasting flavors to shrimp, like today’s use of organic ketch up. I feel that it really brings out shrimp’s natural flavor.
Plus, shrimp is healthy and is essentially fat-free. One single jumbo shrimp has only a few calories. It’s the perfect accomplice for clean eating recipes.
I hope you enjoy today’s recipe (see ingredients and directions below) as much as I did.
This was a delicious dinner for the entire family.
Also, to print recipe, please scroll down to the recipe card and hit “print.”
Clean Eating Dinner Idea – Tomato, Egg and Shrimp Stir Fry Recipe
– 3 cups of grape tomatoes, washed and sliced
– 1 cup of green onions, diced
– 10 medium shrimp, peeled, veined, cooked and chopped
– 5 eggs, lightly salted and scrambled
– 1 table spoon of extra virgin olive oil
– 1 pinch of freshly ground black pepper
– 1 splash of paprika
– 1 tea spoon of dark vinegar
– 2 table spoons of organic ketch up
– 1 tea spoon of all-natural, non-GMO lite soy sauce
1. Heat wok on high. Add olive oil.
2. When oil gets hot, add green onions and let cook for about 1/2 min.
3. Add tomatoes. Stir on high for 1 minute.
4. Add soy sauce, vinegar, pepper, paprika and ketch up. Stir for another minute.
5. Add shrimp. Stir for another 1/2 minute.
6. Turn heat down to med-high. Add eggs. Stir for another 1/2 minute.
7. Turn heat down to medium. Let content cook for the next 2-3 minutes. Stir occasionally (about every 10-15 seconds.)
Serve with whole grain like organic brown rice, organic whole wheat noodles, vegetable noodles or quinoa.
Thanks again for visiting!
I hope you liked today’s clean eating recipe. Enjoy your day!