Clean Eating Dinner Idea – Honey Mustard Baked Chicken
Need an easy and healthy clean eating dinner idea?
A few nights ago, I was browsing Pinterest, and saw quite a few honey mustard chicken recipe. They were mouthwatering!
First of all, I’m a huge HUGE fan of honey mustard. Its tangy, sweet flavor goes with just about anything–especially chicken. Also, I love chicken, because it’s clean, delicious and full of protein.
So, Honey Mustard Baked Chicken for clean eating dinner it is!
I chose baking because it’s much healthier.
The result was a mammoth success!
Every bite gone in minutes! My husband and kids absolutely enjoyed this clean eating recipe, and so did I.
I hope you like it too.
If you want to print the recipe, please scroll down to the recipe card below, and click “print.”
Clean Eating Dinner Idea – Honey Mustard Baked Chicken Recipe
– 2 4-ounce all-natural chicken breast
– 4 table spoons of honey
– 2 table spoons of organic dijon mustard
– 1/2 tea spoon of all-natural light soy sauce
– 1 pinch of ground ginger powder
– 1 tea spoon of minced garlic
– 1/2 tea spoon of fresh lime juice (about 1 lime wedge)
– 1/2 tea spoon of mirin or white cooking wine
– 1/2 tea spoon of corn starch mixed with 1/2 tea spoon of water
– 2 table spoons of extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil
1. In a mixing bowl, add all ingredients for sauce. Mix well.
2. Butterfly chicken breasts.
3. Dip chicken breasts in sauce mix front and back.
4. Put in fridge and marinade for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
5. When chicken is done marinading, place oven rack at about 8 inches from heat source.
6. Preheat oven at 350 F.
7. Place marinaded chicken breast on baking rack or inside a baking pan.
8. Bake one side for about 10 – 15 minutes, then turn and bake the other side for another 10-15 min. chicken should be done now. (Should take 30 minutes or so, but please check to ensure that it’s fully cooked.)
Enjoy with a side of vegetables!
Again, if you want to print the recipe…
hit “print” on the recipe card below:
Thanks again for visiting Clean Eating Recipes!
See you next time.