Clean Eating Dinner Recipe – Curry Pasta Salad
Welcome back to Clean Eating Recipes Blog!
It’s been over one year since I started this blog, and it’s been a lot of fun. I love finding new clean eating recipes, and I love sharing them too. I hope visitors find this blog resourceful, and return for more.
Tonight’s Curry Pasta Salad is a variation of a recent recipe find from Clean Eating Mag.
For curry fans (like myself), this pasta salad was exciting to both make and enjoy. It was easy-to-do and full of flavor, and I highly recommend that you try it.
Curry is, of course, a potent flavor. Therefore, adding sweetness tones it down. For tonight’s salad, I used the natural sweetness of apple and pear, which offset curry’s harshness. The fruits worked well–I’ll certainly keep that in mind for future reference. Also, combining the salad with bland mixed greens toned down the flavor even more.
Overall, I feel that this salad was a success.
Both my husband and I enjoyed it, and I can’t wait to share it with everyone.
Clean Eating Dinner Recipe – Curry Pasta Salad (makes 4)
– 2 cups of organic whole wheat penne or quinoa penne. (I recommend TruRoots Ancient Grain Pasta Gluten-Free Penne.)
– Olive oil cooking spray
– 1/2 table spoon of madras curry powder
– 1/8 cup of olive oil mayo
– 1/8 cup of plain Greek yogurt
– 1/4 cup of organic Half and Half cream
– 1/2 table spoon of raw honey
– 1 pinch of sea salt
– 1 pinch of ground black pepper
– 1 apple, de-cored and chopped
– 1 pear, de-cored and chopped
– 1/4 red onion, chopped
– 3 cups of mixed spring greens
– 1 splash of dry parsley
– 1 splash of dry cilantro
1. Cook pasta according to directions on the box. Drain and mist with olive oil cooking spray.
2. In a small nonstick skillet, add curry powder and toast on medium heat for about 1 minute.
3. Transfer powder into a mixing bowl. Add mayo, yogurt, half and half, honey, sea salt and black pepper. Mix well.
4. In a large bowl, add pasta, apple and pear. Then stir in sauce, mix and splash on top with cilantro and parsley.
5. Lay pasta salad over mixed greens.
The recipe card below allows you to print and save the recipe.
Thank you for visiting!
Hope you enjoyed tonight’s clean eating recipe. Hope to see you again soon.