Clean Eating Dessert Recipe – Maple Pecan Bananas
Welcome back to Clean Eating Recipes Blog!
Today’s clean eating dessert was absolutely scrumptious!
Don’t know about you, but I’m a huge fan of bananas. Not only are they tasty, they’re healthy too. With an abundant amount of potassium, magnesium, vitamins, fiber, and other nutritional values, bananas make the perfect fuss-free clean eating snack. Whenever I’m in a hurry, I’ll grab a banana to go.
Today’s Clean Eating Dessert was fuss-free as well.
It took less than 20 minutes, and was sweet and tasty. I enjoyed the natural sweetness of real maple syrup, the soft texture of browned banana slices, and crunchiness of pecans.
Also, there was a hint of coconut in this recipe, which made a nice addition.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe as much as I did. And yes, I highly recommend it.
Clean Eating Dessert Recipe – Maple Pecan Bananas (makes 2)
– 1/3 cup of real maple syrup (RAW Foods Organic Maple Syrup is just fantastic!)
– 1 table spoon of butter
– 1/4 cup of organic coconut milk (I recommend Nature Value Organic Coconut Milk, with no preservatives or stabilizer, and are packed in cans with PBA-free lining.)
– 3 table spoons of organic raw pecans
– 1 table spoon of organic coconut oil (Trader Joe’s Organic Coconut Oil has always been my top choice.)
– 2-3 ripe organic bananas, peeled, cut into halves, then sliced in half length-wise
1. Heat sauce pan over medium heat. Add maple syrup, butter, coconut milk and pecans. Bring to a boil.
2. Now reduce heat to medium-low, and let simmer until sauce thickens. (Takes about 10 minutes.)
3. Meanwhile, heat frying pan over medium-high heat. Add coconut oil.
4. Lay banana slices in pan, and brown both sides.
5. Lay banana slices on a plate, and pour sauce over each slice.
The recipe card below lets you save and print recipe. Again, I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
Again, thank you for visiting Clean Eating Recipes Blog!
Always nice to see you. And I hope to see you next time.