Clean Eating Recipe – Teriyaki Chicken
- 2 boneless chicken breast
- 2 tbl. sp. of corn starch
- 2 tbl. sp. of rice wine
- 1/2 cup of teriyaki sauce (again, mine is from a previous post)
- 1/2 cup of onions, diced
- 2 cups of mixed vegetables (steamed)
- 1 tbl. sp. of coconut oil
Directions – marinade:
- Slice chicken breast into thin pieces.
- Place chicken slices into a large mixing bowl.
- In a large mixing bowl, add corn starch, rice wine and teriyaki sauce.
- Put bowl in the fridge and let marinade for at least half an hour.
Directions – cooking:
- Heat wok on high.
- Add coconut oil.
- When coconut oil is heated — usually takes about two minutes — add diced onions and steamed vegetables.
- Cook on high for about two minutes. Stir often.
- Add chicken slices.
- Cook on high for about three minutes. (Outside of chicken should turn a little golden.)
- Reduce heat to medium, and let simmer for two minutes.
- Let simmer for another two minutes.
- Pour in more teriyaki sauce is you want more flavor.
- Stir and let simmer for another five minutes or so.
- Done. Serve over brown rice, and enjoy.
(Similar utensils shown below.)
Joyce Chen 21-9972, Classic Series 4-Piece Carbon-Steel Wok Set
Heavy Duty Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls – Set of 4
Thank you for reading!
For more clean eating ideas, check out The Best of Clean Eating: Over 200 Mouthwatering Recipes to Keep You Lean and Healthy by Editors of Clean Eating.