Clean Eating Recipe – Spicy Tuna Melt
Tuna is both tasty and a great source of protein. If you want a quick clean eating recipe, tuna is one of my top choices.
Because tuna is quite flavorless, you can add just about any flavor to it. Today, I spiced it up with a slice of pepper jack cheese.
I hope you enjoy this sandwich.
- 4 cans of tuna in water or oil
- 21/2 tbl. sp. of pico de gallo (mine was store-bought)
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- 1 dash of pepper
- 3 tbl. sp. of mayo with olive oil
- 1 tbl. sp. of plain Greek yogurt
- 1 slice of all-natural pepper jack cheese
- 2 pieces of whole wheat toast (mine were honey wheat)
- 2 slices of tomatoes
(Similar utensils shown below.)
Presto 07047 Cool Touch Electric Griddle
Heavy Duty Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls – Set of 4
OXO Good Grips Silicone Flexible Turner
- Drain all four cans of tuna.
- In a large bowl, mix tuna with sea salt, pepper, mayo, Greek yogurt and pico de gallo.
- Heat frying pan or griddle.
- When pan or griddle becomes hot, scoop tuna mix on it, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Turn heat to medium.
- Lay pepper jack cheese on top of tuna mix.
- When cheese melts, lay tuna mix in between two toasted whole wheat bread.
- Add leafy greens and slices of tomatoes if you like.
Thank you for reading!
For more clean eating ideas, check out The Best of Clean Eating: Over 200 Mouthwatering Recipes to Keep You Lean and Healthy by Editors of Clean Eating.