Clean Eating Recipe – Cod with Lemon-Cucumber Salsa
– 4 ounce cod fillets
– 2 tea spoons of fresh dill
– Garlic pepper seasoning (no salt added)
– 1 table spoon of butter, sliced into pieces
– 1 medium lemon
– 2 cups of cucumber, peeled and diced
– 1/2 cup of craisins
– 2 table spoons of red onion, finely chopped
– 1 tea spoon of fresh dill
– 1 tea spoon of honey
1. Preheat oven to 425 F.
2. For salsa, using a small paring knife, cut away peel from lemon. Working over a large bowl to catch the juice, cut between membranes to remove lemon segments. Squeeze membranes over bowl to release additional juice.
3. Chop lemon into small pieces. Discard seeds. Place in mixing bowl. Then add cucumber, craisins, onion, dill and honey. Toss until ingredients are well mixed.
4. Refrigerate for at least half an hour.
5. Place fillets in baking pan. Sprinkle with seasoning and top with butter.
6. Bake for 10 minutes or until done.
7. Plate cod fillets on plate, and top with salsa.
Thanks for reading!
For more clean eating ideas, check out Clean Eating for Busy Families by Michelle Dudash R.D.