Clean Eating Recipe – Baked Pear with Blue Cheese and Toasted Walnuts
– 1/2 cup of walnuts, crushed
– 1/2 cup of craisins
– 1/2 cup of crumbled blue cheese
– 1 table spoon of organic coconut oil
– 1 table spoon of extra virgin olive oil
– 1 pear, peeled, halfed and de-cored
– Sea salt
– Ground black pepper
1. Heat pan on high, add coconut oil.
2. When coconut oil melts, add walnuts and craisins.
3. Cook for about 5 minutes on med-high heat, or until they are golden on the outside.
4. Put cooked walnuts and craisins in a bowl, add blue cheese. Mix.
5. Preheat oven to 375 F.
6. On a baking sheet, lay pear halves cut sides up.
7. Drizzle with olive oil, and add a tiny splash of sea salt and pepper.
8. Bake pears for 20 minutes.
9. Take out of oven.
10. Scoop blue cheese mix in center of pear halves.
11. Bake for another 10 minuts.
Thanks for reading!
For more clean eating ideas, check out Clean Eating for Busy Families by Michelle Dudash R.D.