Clean Eating Recipe – Avocado Cucumber Caprese Salad
Welcome back to Clean Eating Recipes Blog!
Today’s clean eating salad combines smooth avocado and crunchy cucumber in an easy yet appetizing mix. It encompasses healthy fats, essential vitamins, lush greens and savory sauce, and is an eye-pleaser too in pops of red and green.
We hope you like the recipe, and come back for more!
- 2 cups of grape tomatoes, cut into halves
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup of sweet red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup of fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into small cubes (try ITALIAN BUFFALO MILK CHEESE MOZZARELLA)
- 1 table spoon of fresh dill weed
- 5 pieces of basil leaves, broken
- 2 table spoons of organic balsamic vinegar, for marinading onions (using OMEGA NUTRITION BALSAMIC VINEGAR)
- Another 2 table spoons of balsamic vinegar, for salad dressing
- 1 table spoon of organic extra virgin olive oil (using CALIFORNIA OLIVE RANCH EVERYDAY EXTRA VIGIN OLIVE OIL)
- 1 avocado, peeled, de-cored and chopped
- 1 table spoon of sherry cooking wine (we recommend HOLLAND HOUSE COOKING WINE)
- In a mixing bowl, add 2 table spoons of water, 2 table spoons of balsamic vinegar and 1 table spoon of sherry. Mix well. Then add onion slices. Mix well. Cover and store in fridge, and let marinade for 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- Take onion out and drain. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add all ingredients, except for the last 2 table spoons of balsamic vinegar, olive oil and herbs. Then add onions. Now add balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Mix well. Toss a few times.
- Transfer salad onto serving plates. Sprinkle dill and basil onto each plate of salad.