Clean Eating Lunch Idea – Southwestern Eggs on Wheat Toast
- 3 eggs
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- 1 splash of paprika
- 1/4 cup of pico de gallo (ready-made)
- 1 tea sp of organic ketch up
- 1 – 2 whole wheat toast
- 1/2 tbl. sp. of butter
- 1/4 cup of cubed, all-natural pepper jack cheese
(Similar utensils shown below.)
- In a bowl, mix eggs with pico de gallo, sea salt, paprika and pepper jack cheese cubes.
- Whisk egg slightly – just to blend ingredients.
- Heat frying pan on high, and add butter. (Or a griddle like the Presto 07047 Cool Touch Electric Griddle. This is actually what I prefer.)
- When butter is melted, reduce heat to medium-high, and pour in eggs.
- Meanwhile, toast bread toaster. (This step is optional.)
- When eggs are fully cooked, lay them on toast.
- Evenly spread ketchup on top of eggs.
Thank you for reading!
For more clean eating ideas, check out The Best of Clean Eating: Over 200 Mouthwatering Recipes to Keep You Lean and Healthy by Editors of Clean Eating.