Clean Eating Idea – Toasted Tofu
This clean eating recipe can be eaten as both a snack or a part of a meal. Sometimes I top it over brown rice. Today, however, I ate it by itself, as a snack. It has a sweet flavor, because of the teriyaki sauce, and the tofu has good texture. It’s one of my favorite things to make. I hope you like it too.
- 1/2 block of tofu, cubed (I used organic tofu)
- 1 tbl. sp. of coconut oil
- sea salt
- 1/2 tea sp. of rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup of teriyaki sauce (I used the homemade teriyaki sauce from a previous post)
- 1/2 tea. sp. of corn starch
- 1 tea. sp. of soy sauce
- 1 tbl. sp. of vegetable oyster sauce (optional)
- Preheat oven to broil on high.
- Spray cookie sheet with oil.
- In a large bowl, add tofu cubes, and add in all ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Place tofu cubes on cookie sheet.
- When oven is preheated, put tofu in.
- Let broil for 8 minutes. (Tofu should look golden on the outside.)
- Let cool for 5 minutes, then serve.
Thank you for reading!
For more clean eating ideas, check out The Best of Clean Eating: Over 200 Mouthwatering Recipes to Keep You Lean and Healthy by Editors of Clean Eating.