Clean Eating Idea – Stir Fry Elbow Macaroni
This is one of my favorite side dishes. It took less than 20 minutes. To keep the meal clean, you can use either whole wheat elbow macaroni or quinoa elbow macaroni. I used quinoa today, and it tasted great.
– 2 cups of whole grain or quinoa elbow macaroni, cooked
– 1 table spoon of extra virgin olive oil
– 1/2 table spoon of organic ketchup
– 1 pinch of sea salt
– 1/4 cup of diced scallion (optional)
1. Heat frying pan on high. Add coconut oil.
2. When oil becomes hot, turn heat down to med-high.
3. Add scallion. Add cooked elbow macaroni.
4. Add ketchup and salt.
5. Stir with a spatula for 1/2 a minute, so ketchup and salt are evenly spread.
6. Turn heat down to med.
7. Cook for another 3-5 minutes, until macaroni is a little crispy on the outside. Make sure you stir occasionally.
Thanks for reading!
For more clean eating ideas, check out Clean Eating for Busy Families by Michelle Dudash R.D.