Clean Eating Idea – Steamed Green Beans with Almonds
Equipment Required: Food Steamer
Any steamer will do, but I recommend the Oster 5711 Mechanical Food Steamer. Unlike traditional steamers, it starts steaming right away, and has automatic shut off to ensure safety. The double tier holds a variety of foods, and together offers 6.1 quarts of capacity. It’s one of the best steamers out there–and great for a clean eater, who steams most of her meals.
– French-cut green beans, 2 cups, washed
– 1 handful of toasted almond slices
– 1 tbl. spoon of canola oil or extra virgin olive oil
– A mixture of spices, your choice (oregano, basil, rosemary, pepper…)
– Sea salt (just a pinch)
1. Steam green beans (done in about 10 – 15 min)
2. Add oil, almonds, sea salt and spices.
3. Mix well.
Serve as side dish or simple snack.
Thanks for reading!
For more clean eating ideas, check out Clean Eating for Busy Families by Michelle Dudash R.D.