Clean Eating Idea – Sauteed Chinese Turnip
If you visit the local Asian grocer as much as I do, you’ll discover all sorts of exotic fruits and vegetables. All of them are full of nutrients and completely clean. They are also easy to cook as well. Today’s Chinese turnip greens took about 5 minutes to make, and contains less than five ingredients. Its grassy flavor tasted delicious, especially with brown rice.
I hope you’ve the time to give it a try.
- 1 bushel of Chinese turnip greens, leaves taken from stem (make sure they’ve been washed clean)
- 5 cloves of garlic, crushed (or pounded)
- 1/2 tbl. sp of vegetable oil
- Sea salt
- Heat wok on high.
- When wok is hot, add oil.
- When oil turns hot, reduce heat to med-high.
- Add crushed garlic cloves, and let cook until they are golden on the outside.
- Add turnip greens.
- Sprinkle a pinch of sea salt.
- Saute with spatula for about two minutes.
- Reduce heat to med.
- Saute for another 2 – 3 minutes.
- Done and ready to eat.
Thank you for reading!
To crush garlic, I used a Chinese chef’s knife, or cleaver, similar to the one below:
The wok I used is a non-stick wok with handle. It’s great for traditional Asian cooking, and is easy to clean:
For more clean eating ideas, check out The Best of Clean Eating: Over 200 Mouthwatering Recipes to Keep You Lean and Healthy by Editors of Clean Eating.