Clean Eating Dinner Recipe – Flour-less Chicken Strips
You don’t need heavy breading to make chicken strips. Today, I’ll show you a clean eating recipe that breads chicken strips with eggs. This meal is not only clean and protein-rich, it’s tasty too. I can’t wait to make it again.
- 3 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbl. sp. of coconut oil
- 1 tea sp. of soy sauce
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- 1 tbl. sp. of corn starch
- 1 tbl. sp. of rice wine
- 1 tea sp. of vegetable oyster sauce (optional)
Directions – Marinade:
- Cut chicken breast into thin strips. Put strips in a large bowl.
- Marinate by adding 1 pinch of sea salt, soy sauce, oyster sauce, rice wine and corn starch.
- Mix well and refrigerate for 1/2 – 1 hour.
Directions – Cooking:
- Heat frying pan on high, add coconut oil.
- As oil is heating up, crack eggs into another mixing bowl, and whisk well. (Eggs will be the breading.)
- Dip each chicken strip into egg bowl. Make sure you coat chicken strip well on all sides.
- Lay chicken strips on pan to cook.
- When one side of chicken strip turns a little golden — at this point stove is still on high — turn it over.
- When the other side of chicken strips are also golden, reduce heat to medium and cook for another 3 – 5 minutes, or until chicken strips are fulling cooked in the middle.
- Top with sauce, or not. (Today I used the homemade teriyaki sauce from a few posts ago.)
- Serve with a side of steamed vegetables or salad.
(Similar utensils shown below.)
TeChef – Blooming Flower Frying Pan, with Teflon Platinum Non-Stick Coating (PFOA Free) / Induction Ready / Ceramic Coated Outside
Heavy Duty Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls – Set of 4
Norpro 3 Piece Stainless Steel Balloon Whisk Set
Thank you for reading!
For more clean eating ideas, check out The Best of Clean Eating: Over 200 Mouthwatering Recipes to Keep You Lean and Healthy by Editors of Clean Eating.