Clean Eating Dinner Recipe – Five Spice Salmon
For this clean eating recipe, you need the five spice seasoning. It is sold in most grocery stores on the spice rack. Ingredients include anise, ginger, cinnamon, fennel and black pepper. All clean stuff.
The bottle looks something like this:
- 1 5 oz. of Atlantic salmon steak
- 2 tbl. sp. of soy sauce
- 2 tbl. sp. of sherry wine
- 2 tbl. sp. of diced green onions
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 2 tbl. sp. of coconut oil
- 1 tea sp. of five spice seasoning
Directions – marinate:
- Wash and clean salmon steak.
- In a large mixing bowl, rub soy sauce, sherry, and five spice seasoning all over the salmon.
- Let marinade for at least half an hour.
Directions – cooking:
- In a large wok, heat coconut oil on high.
- Keep heat on high.
- Add green onions and minced garlic, and let cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add salmon steak.
- Cook both sides until they look golden brown, or about 2-3 minutes each side.
- Reduce heat to medium-high.
- Let simmer for about 3-5 minutes, or until the middle is fully cooked.
- Serve over brown rice or with vegetables.
(Similar utensils shown below.)
Joyce Chen 21-9972, Classic Series 4-Piece Carbon-Steel Wok Set
Heavy Duty Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls – Set of 4
Thank you for reading!
For more clean eating ideas, check out The Best of Clean Eating: Over 200 Mouthwatering Recipes to Keep You Lean and Healthy by Editors of Clean Eating.