Clean Eating Dinner Idea – Stir Fry Quinoa with Ground Turkey
“What nutrients?” You ask.
For one, quinoa contains an impressive amount of calcium. Then, there’s high concentration of monounsaturated fat, which is heart-friendly, and anti-inflammatory properties, which prevent obesity. Most of all, though, quinoa has the ability to maintain nutrients through oxidization, which means that it is able to keep nutritional value after being boiled, simmered and steamed.
For more healthy benefits of quinoa, please visit http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?dbid=142&tname=foodspice. For my clean eating dinner recipe of stir fry quinoa with ground turkey, please continue reading.
- 1/2 lb. of lean ground turkey (I used Jenny O Organics)
- 1 cup of chopped onion
- 1 cup of diced tomato
- 1 cup of vegetables (anything will do, but I prefer something green like broccoli or peas)
- 2 cloves of chopped garlic
- 1 egg
- 1 tbl. sp. of corn starch
- 1 tbl. sp. of soy sauce
- 1 tbl. sp. of cooking wine (I used rice wine)
- 1 tbl. sp. of organic
- sea salt
- black pepper
- 1 cup of organic quinoa
Directions – Marinating
- In a bowl, mix ground turkey, a pinch of sea salt, soy sauce, corn starch, cooking wine and egg.
- Cover and store in fridge for at least half an hour.
Directions – Cooking
- Heat wok on high.
- Add 1 tbl. sp. of coconut oil, and wait until it becomes hot.
- Add onion, garlic, vegetables and tomato.
- Cook for about 2-3 minutes, and add marinated ground turkey.
- Cook on high for about 2-3 minutes, stir often.
- Reduce heat to medium. Cook turkey meat for another 5 minutes, or until done.
- Add quinoa.
- Stir for another 5 minutes.
Thanks for reading!
My entire family loved this delicious yet nutritious clean eating idea. I hope you will too.
For more clean eating ideas, check out The Best of Clean Eating: Over 200 Mouthwatering Recipes to Keep You Lean and Healthy by Editors of Clean Eating.
Essential Tools for Clean Eating Recipes:
Cuisinart DLC-2A Mini Prep Plus 3-Cup 250-Watt Food Processor
Helen Chen’s Asian Kitchen 14-inch Carbon Steel Wok with Bamboo Handles
Chicago Cutlery Metropolitan 15-Piece Block Knife Set
Oster 5711 Mechanical Food Steamer (White)
Chefman Stainless Steel Toaster with Illuminated LED Buttons
Cuisinart Chef’s Classic Stainless Open Skillet