Clean Eating Dinner Idea – Honey Walnut Crusted Chicken Strips
- 2 cups of crushed walnuts
- 2 tbl. sp of honey
- 2 cups of whole wheat crackers
- 2 eggs
- sea salt
- 1 tbl. sp of corn starch
- 2 tbl. sp of sherry
- 2 large boneless chicken breasts
- Slice chicken breasts into thin strips.
- Place into bowl.
- Add sherry and corn starch. Mix and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix walnuts, crushed crackers, honey, eggs, and a pinch of sea salt. (Mixture may feel gooey.)
- Add chicken strips into mixture, and rub crust on both sides.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lay each chicken strip flat on a baking sheet.
- Pile leftover crust mixture on top of each chicken strip.
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Mix dijon mustard with honey to make your own honey mustard sauce.
- Serve and enjoy.
Thanks for reading!
For more clean eating ideas, check out The Best of Clean Eating: Over 200 Mouthwatering Recipes to Keep You Lean and Healthy by Editors of Clean Eating.
Essential Tools for Clean Eating Recipes:
|Cuisinart DLC-2A Mini Prep Plus 3-Cup 250-Watt Food Processor||Helen Chen’s Asian Kitchen 14-inch Carbon Steel Wok with Bamboo Handles||Chicago Cutlery Metropolitan 15-Piece Block Knife Set|
|Oster 5711 Mechanical Food Steamer (White)||Chefman Stainless Steel Toaster with Illuminated LED Buttons||Cuisinart Chef’s Classic Stainless Open Skillet|