Clean Eating Breakfast Recipe – Whole Wheat French Toast
This recipe calls for real maple syrup. It’s a bit expensive, but worth the investment, because it doesn’t contain any processed ingredients, and tastes sweet. I used Highland Sugarworks 100% Maple Syrup. It’s made with pure maple, and is 100% organic.
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1 egg
- 1 piece of whole wheat bread
- 1/2 tbl. sp. of butter
- 1 tbl. sp. of real maple syrup.
- Crack egg in mixing bowl. Whisk just a little.
- Dip bread in egg.
- Heat up pan, and melt butter.
- Add bread, keep in pan until both sides are cooked.
- Top bread with banana slices.
- Pour maple syrup.
- Add a splash of cinnamon.
Thank you for reading!
For more clean eating ideas, check out The Best of Clean Eating: Over 200 Mouthwatering Recipes to Keep You Lean and Healthy by Editors of Clean Eating.