Clean Eating Dinner Recipe – Simple Pasta with Meat Sauce
– 1 pound of ground grass-fed organic beef
– 1 cup of cooked whole wheat pasta
– 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
– 4 cloves of garlic, peeled and diced
– 1 table spoon of dried basil
– 2 (28-ounce) cans of organic peeled whole tomatoes, crushed and juices reserved
– 1 pinch of sea salt
– 2 table spoons of grated all-natural Parmesan cheese.
1. In a saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat.
2. Add garlic. Cook until golden on the outside.
3. Add crushed tomatoes and juice. Bring to boil.
4. Add basil and sea salt. Stir.
5. Lower heat and let simmer for 30 minutes.
6. Set aside.
7. Heat another saucepan. Add ground beef.
8. Cook until meat is done.
9. Add sauce. Stir. Let simmer for another 10 minutes or so.
10. Top meat sauce over cooked pasta.
11. Add grated Parmesan.
Thanks for reading!
For more clean eating ideas, check out Clean Eating for Busy Families by Michelle Dudash R.D.