Cauliflower Rice Recipe: Clean Eating Diet Plan’s Favorite Side Dish
The Clean Eating Diet Plan loves veggies!
It especially loves veggies that substitute foods high in refined carbohydrates. Refined carbohydrates come from foods like white rice, white flour, white bread and sugary cereals. They were once wholesome grains full of complex carbs, but were then stripped of fiber, germs and other nutrients during processing, and turned into simple carbs that quickly convert to sugar and then fat. If you want to stick to a clean eating diet plan, then stay away from refined carbs!
But refined carbs taste so good!
I agree, but there are substitutes that taste equally good, if not better, and are actually good for you. Cauliflower, for example, is a GREAT substitute for refined carbohydrates. Eaten raw, it’s crunchy and delicious. It can also be broken into grain-like texture that cooks and fills you up like rice.
Cauliflower is full of nutritional value.
It’s abundant in Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Vitamin B6, folate, dietary fiber, omega-3, manganese, phosphorus, biotin, protein, niacin, and magnesium. Also, it’s low-carb, low-calorie, fat-free and gluten-free.
All this nutrition come in 25 calories per serving, by the way. No wonder it’s one of clean eating diet plan’s favorites.
Today’s clean eating recipe is an easy healthy side dish, made with cauliflower and served like rice.
It’s easy to do and pleasing to eat–a simple and healthy recipe that you can enjoy over and over again.
Hope you like it. Here’s the recipe:
– 1 head of cauliflower
– 1/2 table spoon of extra virgin olive oil
– 5 cloves of garlic, crunched and diced
– 1/2 cup of green onion, diced
– sea salt and ground black pepper
– 1 dash of garlic salt
– 1 tea spoon of onion powder
– 1 tea spoon of ginger
– few dashes of dry thyme
– few dashes of dry dill
1. Cut cauliflower head into edible pieces.
2. Add pieces to food processor, and pulse to chop.
3. When cauliflower become finely chopped, remove from food process and transfer into a bowl.
4. Heat pan on high. Add olive oil.
5. Let olive oil heat up for about 2-3 min, then add garlic and 3/4 of the green onion.
6. Stir garlic and green onion briefly, and let cook for 1/2 min. Stir again.
7. Reduce heat to med-high. (Reduce to med if fire source is strong.)
8. Add cauliflower.
9. Stir! Stir! Stir! Do it for about 2 min or so.
10. Add sea salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic salt.
11. Stir again for 1/2 min.
12. Add dry thyme and dill.
13. Stir again for 1/2 min.
14. Let content cook on med heat for the next 4-5 min. Stir often, about every 10 seconds.
15. Turn heat to high. Stir constantly for another minute.
Transfer to serving plate. Garlic with leftover green onion.
Want to print the recipe? Use the recipe card below:
Thank you again for visiting Clean Eating Recipes Blog!
Hope you liked today’s cauliflower rice recipe. See you soon!