BUTTERY SHRIMP AND GRITS
CLEAN EATING RECIPE: BUTTERY SHRIMP AND GRITS
- 1 cup of organic quick cook grits (try BOB MILLS ORGANIC CORN GRITS)
- 4 cups of water
- 1 cup of organic whole milk
- 1/4 cup of heavy cream
- 1 tea spoon of sea salt
- 1 dash of freshly ground black pepper
- 4 table spoons of real butter, divided
- 1 cup of medium-sized shrimp, peeled, de-veined and boiled
- 1 tea spoon of Italian seasoning
- Heat frying pan over stove top on high. Add one half of the divided butter. When butter melts, add shrimp. Sear both sides until shrimp are golden on the outside. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Mix milk and heavy cream together.
- In a pot, bring water, 1 table spoon of butter and salt to a boil. Slowly stir in grits, and continue stirring for another half a minute.
- Reduce heat and let simmer covered. Stir occasionally.
- When water absorbs and grits appear thickened, slowly stir in 1/2 of the milk-and-cream mix. Let simmer while keeping pot partially-covered. Stir occasionally.
- When grits again thickens, slowly stir in the remaining milk-and-cream mix, and let simmer until liquid is fully absorbed and grits appear thick, like mashed potatoes.
- Add pepper and remaining table spoon of butter. Mix.
- Transfer grits to a bowl. Top with seared shrimp and Italian seasoning.
PRODUCTS USED IN TODAY’S RECIPE